Christmas time is fast approaching and will be upon us before we know it! The time for joy, gifts, gratitude and (of course) your favourite Christmas lights is here. Decorating your house for the festive season does not have to be a stressful thing. In fact, we have 5 ways to easily spruce up your home ahead of Christmas...
- Update Your Lighting with Fun and Festive Colours
We all know that lighting plays a big role in the mood and feel of a space. With the holidays on their way, now is the perfect time to update your home’s lighting with some fun and festive colours. Whether you go for traditional red and green hues or opt for something more unique, adding a touch of illumination in seasonal colours is a great way to spread holiday cheer. Maybe you want to go wild and get multicoloured Christmas lights?
If you’re not sure where to start, consider swapping out your standard light bulbs for coloured ones. This simple change can really make a big impact and instantly transform any room. You can also use string lights to add a touch of twinkle and festivity. If you want to go all out, hanging icicle lights from your ceiling or wrapping trees and bushes with solar powered festoon lights are both great options.
- Add A Christmas Tree (And Some Amazing Christmas Lights!)
Christmas means it's time for a Christmas tree! There's nothing quite like a decorated Christmas tree to get you and the family in the mood for the festive season. Decorating the tree with Christmas lights is another bonding activity to do with your loved ones and family members. Here are some tips:
- Choose the right spot for your tree. It should be away from heat sources and out of reach of small children and pets if possible.
- Decide on the type of tree you want. Real trees need to be watered regularly, while artificial trees don't require any maintenance.
- If you choose a real tree, make sure to get one that's fresh. Cut off 1-2 inches from the bottom of the trunk before putting it in a stand with water.
- Once your tree is in place, decorate it with Christmas lights and other decorations. Be sure to use safe lighting products that are designed for indoor use. We recommend Colourful Fairy Lights or Iron Star Fairy Lights (or both!). These Christmas lights have the added benefit of being energy saving and low to no heat generation.
- Add A Wreath To Your Front Door (And Spruce It Up With Christmas Lights)
Adding a wreath (a ring-shaped arrangement of flowers or plants used as decoration) to your front door is a tell-tale reminder that Christmas is around the corner. Wreaths are age-old symbols and have been used as decorations across different cultures to denote power, the renewing power of life, and the cycle of the seasons. Brighten up your front door by adding some light to your wreath this year. We recommend battery-powered string lights where you can easily hide the battery pack in the wreath itself. Check out solar LED fairy lights or copper wire fairy lights, both of which don’t require plugging in and are waterproof!
- Use String Lights Around The House For Holiday Cheer
Decorating your home with Christmas lights is a great way to add some holiday cheer. There are many ways to use string lights, fairy lights, festoon lights and more around the house. Here are a few ideas:
- Wrap USB fairy lights around door frames, windows, or stair railings.
- Accentuate a wall with curtain fairy lights
- Hang them from the ceiling in a doorway or along a hallway.
- String festoon lights across a mantelpiece or shelf.
- Wrap Christmas lighting around outdoor furniture or railings.
With so many ways to use string lights, you can really get creative and have fun with your holiday decorations!
- Decorate Your Outside Area With Christmas Lights
In addition to lights inside your home and on your front door, decorating your front porch, garden or outdoor space can create a warm and inviting space during the holidays, especially if you are hosting guests. Light up your walkway with fairy light lanterns and highlight trees with bubble ball fairy lights.
- Shed Some Light On The Dinner Table
Christmas is also a time about food; family and friends gather round a tasty table of traditional food cooked with love to celebrate the occasion. Your dinner table is another opportunity to add some sparkle with Christmas lights. Whether you use lantern jars or flameless candles, don’t underestimate the effect of this added ambience.
No matter how you choose to string up lights inside and outside your home this holiday season, the important thing is that you take the time to enjoy the process and create lasting memories with your family and friends. Make your Christmas moments better and brighter with Litehouse.