Solar powered lights are the new black. Seriously. With the onset of more intensive load-shedding across South Africa, solar powered lights that operate electricity-free are a great way to go. This trendy home decor option is not just practical, low maintenance and environmentally-friendly, it also can provide some beautiful light to your home spaces. Here are 5 benefits of solar powered lighting.
- Solar Powered Lights Don't Require Electricity
Now, we know this maybe goes without saying... But in the current climate of blackouts, energy savings and load-shedding, lights that don't require electricity are kind of a big deal! Solar lights are powered by the sun, so they don't use any electricity. In other words, solar lighting will continue to work even if there is a power outage. This means that you'll save money on your electricity bill every month and won't have to remain dependent on the electricity grid.
- Solar Power Lights Will Increase Your Productivity
Power cuts. We all know the sad feeling when everything goes dark and you just want to stop what you're doing and wait for the power to come back on. As solar powered lights don't rely on electricity, they are a practical solution to any energy crisis.
Instead of packing away your books, use warm solar bulb string lights or solar LED fairy lights to keep your desk illuminated while you work. Not just that - brightening up your workspace with beautiful light will create a warm environment to boost your mood and keep your productivity levels high, power outage or not.
- Solar Powered Lights Are Eco-Friendly
Solar powered lights are also very eco-friendly because they are a sustainable source of renewable energy and don't produce any pollution. Instead of relying on electricity produced from non-renewable fossil fuels, solar energy is clean and renewable.
This means that they won’t contribute to climate change and will help you to reduce your carbon footprint. Solar lights are also recyclable, so they won’t add to landfill waste. Just charge up your favourite lights in the sunlight and be confident that your new home decor isn’t compromising the environment.
- Solar Powered Lights Are Easy!
Far from a complicated system, most solar powered lights are very easy to install and require no maintenance. Once they are installed, they will continue to work for many years with no effort on your part.
If you are using outdoor lighting, simply set up your solar powered lights so that they can get some sun in the afternoon... And watch them light up in the evening. If you're using solar powered lights indoors, make sure to give them enough time to recharge.
- There Are Many Types of Solar Powered Lights!
There are many different types of solar lights available on the market. Solar powered lights can be used for general lighting, accent lighting, security lighting, or decorative lighting. You can also find solar lights in a variety of styles to match your home or business décor. Some of the most popular types include:
- Solar string lights: these are perfect for decorating your home or garden. They are available in a variety of colours and styles - warm white, pearl, frosted and even multicoloured - so you can find the perfect set to suit your taste.
- Solar path lights: these are ideal for lighting up walkways and driveways. They help to create a safe environment for pedestrians and drivers alike.
- Solar security lights: these can be used to deter burglars and intruders. They can also be used to light up dark areas around your home, making it easier for you to see at night.
- Solar flood lights: these are great for illuminating large areas such as gardens and parking lots. They can also be used to provide security lighting around your home.
- Solar post lights: these are perfect for lighting up driveways, sidewalks, and patios. They add a touch of class and beauty to any outdoor space.
If you are looking for a practical, energy saving, eco-friendly lighting option for your home or business, solar powered lighting is a great choice. Solar lights are powered by the sun, so they do not require electricity to operate, making them very energy efficient and cost effective in the long run. So say goodbye to power cuts and say hello to beautiful, clean light powered by the sun!